With more and more families recognizing the value and fun that can be had by sticking close to home for spring break, we wanted to pass on some of our favorite “stay-cation” ideas! They’re ideal for sparing the pocketbook as well as allowing parents who still need to go to work to do so!
- Plan an in-home or at-the-theater Movie Marathon.
- Find local behind the scenes tours.
- Throw a block party.
- “Vacation” at a local resort.
- Host a luau.
- Have a field day, complete with outdoor activities, races, etc.
- Go on a themed shopping tour. Research, shop and EAT all things chocolate, for example. Or all things related to bread making or ice cream! Or all things related to baseball caps! Whatever your passion is.
- Become a tourist in your own town. Research and visit places you haven’t been or don’t know about.
- Find a scenic train ride.
- Go camping! KOAhas campgrounds nationwide and will usually offer facilities for the outdoorsy type as well as those that enjoy their indoor comforts.
- Family fun centers. Most offer several activities to keep you busy for at least half a day (e.g., go karts, bowling, mini. golf, etc.)
- Mini lake cruises (often offered with dinner).
- Go to the theater or a play.
Have a great spring break!